Techstars, in partnership in GINCO, is announcing its second batch of Dubai startups.
Many of the fastest-growing startups in the world, including companies such as SendGrid, Contently, and ClassPass, have gone through Techstars. The organization was founded in 2006 and as of 2 years ago has accepted over 1,000 companies with a combined market capitalization of $9.6B USD.
Techstars Dubai is led by Managing Director Vijay K. Tirathrai. The class in 2019 includes startups from eight countries, including Turkey, the United States, Hong Kong, Germany, Jordan, the Netherlands and United Arab Emirates.
Along with support, each startup from the Dubai batch is eligible to receive $120,000 USD in investment.
Said Abdulaziz Khalid Al Jaziri, Deputy CEO at the Dubai Future Foundation, “As part of our mandate to become a global hub for talent, AREA 2071’s partnership with Techstars and GINCO Investments is seen as a testament to our vision to co-design the future for Dubai”.
The startup class from Techstars Dubai Accelerator in Partnership with GINCO
- Ottogee is the world’s smartest IoT-enabled solution for labor-intensive industries, led by a Texas-based Lebanese-American team.
- Three Wheels United uses innovative technology and finance to enable sustainable last mile transportation, based out of India and led by a Cameroonian CEO.
- VeePlay is the most advanced player for in-app video monetization, led by a German team.
- Vivoo is the first personal wellness assistant in the world that takes real data from your body and gives personalized nutrition and wellness advice to you, based on your urine sample analysis, led by a Turkish CEO.
- Yacob empowers and inspires children to lead a healthier, more active life, led by an Emirati founder.
- Buglance is a crowd testing platform for testing mobile apps, games, and mobile sites, led by a UAE based Azeri team.
- Clara is a legal operating system that digitizes and automates startup legal expertise, led by a UAE based Canadian team.
- Element 16 has developed a new thermal battery, which is similar to a conventional battery but stores high-temperature heat instead of electricity, led by a California-based team.
- LuggAgent offers same day luggage delivery to or from airports and hotels in over 70 top tourism cities, founded by a Taiwanese team based in Hong Kong.
- Nestrom is a software company specializing in technologies for field service management, led by a Jordanian team.