Need a reason to start a business? How about 15?
According to Business Insider, approximately 543,000 new businesses are started every month. That is a big number. That is also a number that may motivate you to do the same.
You only need one good reason to start a business. For example, you may have come to the conclusion that branching out on your own will finally give you the flexibility you have been craving.
Here are 15 of the best reasons to start a business in the near future:
1. Freedom. Forget about reporting to somebody else. You are now in charge of your own destiny.
2. Flexibility. As noted above, you can set your own hours.
3. The opportunity to make big decisions. As an employee, you aren’t often in a position to make “company changing” decisions. As a small business owner, this always falls back on you.
4. Bring new ideas to the market. Filling a niche in a particular market or industry is a great way to find success as a new business.
5. Change the old ways of doing things. You don’t necessarily have to create something brand new, just a new way of doing business.
6. Create your own work environment. Like wearing jeans every day?
7. Spend more time with your family. You control your own schedule, now you can drop your kids off at school or stay home with a newborn when you want.
8. Work a job you are passionate about. For many, this is the top benefit of starting a business. They are tired of spending their life at a job they don’t care about.
9. Do your own hiring. As your small business grows, you are responsible for hiring your own team.
10. Treat your employees the way you’ve always wanted to be treated.
11. Become an expert. Is there anything more exciting than the thought of becoming an expert in your field?
12. Make more money. This isn’t the way things work out for every small business owner, but the opportunity to earn more definitely exists.
13. Financial independence. You and you alone are responsible for how much you earn. Never again will you worry that your employer will cut your pay, or worse yet, show you the door.
14. Get bought. It’s not easy, but if you can get a larger company to acquire you the payday could be tremendous.
15. Increase your knowledge base. You may be surprised at how much you learn as a small business owner.
These are just a few of the best reasons to start a business. Can you think of any others?
Andy Roe is the General Manager of SurePayroll, Inc., a Paychex Company. SurePayroll is the trusted provider of easy online payroll services to small businesses nationwide. SurePayroll compiles data from small businesses nationwide through its Small Business Scorecard optimism survey, and exclusively reflects the trends affecting the nation’s “micro businesses” — those with 1-10 employees. You can follow Andy on Twitter @AndrewSRoe.