The venture firm focused on blockchain and digital assets, Open Web Collective, has announced the date for its latest Demo Day: October 19th.
This event will allow 7 startups to showcase their projects before a panel of leading investors, mentors, and corporate partners. The 4th Cohort will address crypto consumerism including companies advancing secure wallets, NFT utility, peer-to-peer lending, gaming, and cross-chain liquidity, representing the next wave of innovation in the emerging Web3 economy.
In the demo day these 7 crypto and blockchain-powered startups will be participating:
- Via Protocol – A Web3 infrastructure service that unifies all cross-chain bridges and other routers.
- Gridlock – A distributed crypto wallet that makes blockchain ownership easy and safe.
- Hashtack Finance – A provider of fast, 3rd party-free loans on the blockchain.
- NFT Price Floor – A CoinGecko-style data hub and analytics platform for NFT collectors.
- TokenChamp – An online arcade where your NFTs are the main characters in the games.
- Black Sheep Gaming – A tech company focused on investments in blockchain games and the metaverse.
- ExxaVerse – A cross-chain game built on the Unreal Engine.
Despite the challenges in the sector, the interest in cryptocurrency hasn’t stopped. The last quarter of this year has been reported as a consolidation period for cryptos after an unstable and uncertain so-called crypto winter.
“We’re pleased to be showcasing the startups in our 4th accelerator cohort and bringing on such distinguished guest speakers. All of these teams are innovating in consumer crypto, a core focus area for OWC and an area that will be critical for mass adoption of blockchain and Web3 technologies. We are eager to connect the Web3 community to seven of the most promising startups building in the space today,” said Kendall Embs, Head of Marketing at Open Web Collective.
There was an 8.5% increase in the total crypto market cap from July to the end of September and leading cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin and Ethereum have shown slow signs of recovery as their price has remained moderately stable.
Besides rising an opportunity for more investors to expand their portfolios into the crypto market this has also been the origin of a Web3 startup wave. For instance, Twitch cofounder Justin Kan has launched a new startup in the world of web3. Kan and four cofounders have raised $14 million for Rye, a shopping platform that will use crypto tokens in an attempt to build a more affordable ‘Spotify for eCommerce.’
It’s expected that the crypto revolution will continue as well as innovation generated by blockchain technology and the ongoing development of Web3.